Friday, February 20, 2004

Well, I was going to start temping next week. Then my phone started ringing off the hook with people who want to interview me next week. So, I'm going to put off temping a bit longer. I hate not having an income, but I also want to be available to interview for permanent positions, so I think this makes sense.

One of the interviews next week is for the closest thing I've found yet to my "dream job." I applied for this position two months ago and had given up when I didn't hear anything. And now they've called! They didn't even know I was living in Chicago, and they were impressed enough by my resume to want me even thinking I lived in Ohio. Anyway, I don't want to get too excited, but this could be an actual break for me. Finally. (And I don't want to jinx it by saying what it is!)

As Eulalia mentioned, there was much fun had last night in Wrigleyville. Got to meet the crazy folks from the bookstore and catch up on their gossip :) I got there around 7 for the $2 drafts, and I was thinking I'd just stay till 9ish since I had a job interview this morning. But luckily, Eulalia saw a sign in the bathroom (the same bathroom that had a dead cockroach on the floor) saying that between 10 and 11 XRT would be giving away Indigo Girls tickets! As I mentioned in a previous post, I'll be out of town when they play in April, but it turns out they will also be in town next week for a private concert.

And so I stayed. And drank, despite my better judgment. How can you not drink when Bass is just 2 bucks? The bar never got crowded, but around 10 the IG fans started showing up and XRT finally made it there. First they handed out hats and t-shirts to anyone with a dollar that had 93 in the serial number. I had 90, 92, 94, and 96. I convinced the guy to give me a Miller Lite hat for my 39.

All of Eulalia's friends were great sports and entered the IG drawing for me. Two of them had names drawn in the first round which gave them a chance to answer an IG trivia question to win tix. With a bit of help Josh managed to correctly answer the multiple choice question "What are the names of the Indigo Girls?" Yay! The nice XRT people let me just put my name on the form so Josh didn't have to go with me.

I left the bar around then so I could get some sleep before my interview. I was drunk enough that I actually set my alarm an hour earlier than I needed to be up, but that's better than the opposite, and there were no ill effects from my drinking :) Eulalia informs me that after I left the bar my name was drawn too, so I don't feel so bad for stacking the deck in my favor!

And now I'm off to pick up Chryssi and begin the Barlo weekend, part 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment