Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Hey, I may get to go to work next week. Imagine that... it's been 2 and a half months, not sure I remember how to work! Ok, so it would just be temping, but at least I'd get out of the house and have some form of income. And the same firm is going to try to find me a permanent position. Yes, I'm selling out. Yes, I'll probably end up being a secretary (although probably making more money than I would doing something that would "use my education.") But I'm tired of the whole job search thing-- it's too depressing, and I just need to work again. As I told the lady at the staffing place today, I have enough interests outside work to keep me happy no matter what it is I do during the day. Hmmm, not sure that came out right. :) Anyway, the benefit of this approach is that I can work for the next couple weeks while I continue to look for my dream job (though I'm still not sure what that is), and if I can't find something, maybe the staffing firm will find me something that at least pays well. At least, that's my plan. If that doesn't work, I'm still thinking I can marry well (or at least marry for benefits).

No comments:

Post a Comment