Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Until today I had never ridden the bus in Chicago. I used to ride the bus back in SB because there were no other options, but I always took the train in Chicago. There's something comforting about the train. There's a limited number of routes, and you always know exactly where the train will stop. Sure, you could fall asleep and miss your stop, but the train will still stop there. Even in SB, where there were no more than 20 different bus routes, I only ever took two of them. I had to be careful to check schedules first because on one of the routes the bus would only come twice an hour. Buses in Chicago have always overwhelmed me. There's so many routes and so many times. Plus, it's pretty unusual for me to have exact change. Well, that much has now changed. If you live in Chicago and take public transportation, get a Chicago Card Plus NOW! I love never having to worry about having cash, putting money on my card. (I know, I sound like a commercial.) And it makes taking a bus so much better!

Anyway, I had an interview downtown today, and when I went to the Trip Planner to figure out which el stop I needed, it suggested I take the express bus instead. On a whim, I did. Wow, so great! The bus was less crowded, went much faster, and was closer to my starting point and ending point. That last point was crucial because I was wearing super tall stilettos with my swanky new suit. I was a bit worried about the rickety el stairs, so it was nice to avoid them!

Well, that's the end of my plug for the bus. Take the bus. Learn to love it. Save the earth :)

Oh, and my interview went great. If they don't hire me it would be because they were looking for something else, not because I did anything wrong. So, even if I don't get the job, it's nice to be able to get to this point! (Kinda like saying it's nice even to be nominated, but I actually mean it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment