Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Yeah, so working all day and then looking for jobs/running at night kinda takes it out of me. I'm loving goinh to work every day though! I filed for 8 hours today, and it was the most fun I've had in a long time. That's not quite as sick as it sounds b/c there's 4 of us talking the whole time we're doing office work. And, sure, we're all way overeducated to be filing and copying, but hey, people's futures depend on what we're doing, so it has to be done well. And they've got stuff for me to do through next week if nothing else comes through, so maybe I won't go totally broke and/or crazy.

For those of you fascinated by DaVinci Code and The Passion, I'd like to suggest two other vastly superior works: Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum and Gore Vidal's Live From Golgotha: The Gospel According to Gore Vidal. Neither is an easy read, but they're much better fictional expositions on early Christianity than their more popular counterparts, and still fun. So use your college educations, and read good books. (And if you understand them, explain them to me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment