Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Further proof that running is unnatural: today I lost two toenails. Perhaps it's a good thing I can't make it to the bridal party manicure/pedicure session on Friday. On the bright side, my knee is feeling much, much better. I might not need to wear my brace under my bridesmaid dress.
***
My hallway smells like fish. Actually, like fishy eggs. (Though not like fish eggs.) The problem: I hate the smell of fish. And the smell of eggs. I started to wonder if maybe I dislike all protein scents. I definitely hate the smell of meat. And soy. But then I remembered yummy peanut butter, and my theory was disproven.
***
Today I almost printed out an email out of spite. A girl I'd never seen accosted me in my office and said she had a grievance. Now, I did mess up. I made a very small and basically inconsequential mistake. But she made one too, one that could have been much more consequential (though wasn't). And she claimed that she'd told me the right thing in the first place. So I really wanted to print out the email that proved that I was right and put the printout in her mailbox. But of course I didn't. I just smiled and promised to make everything right. And let it go. Or something like that.
***
And hey, are secretaries usually called at home to answer work questions? Do they usually charge work expenses to their personal credit cards when someone else is late in getting them crucial information? Or do I just take my job way too seriously? (Don't answer that! I already know what you're going to say!)
***
I decided on a new career path. I want to study urban traffic patterns. Because I just don't understand the drivers in this city. Is it really that much more difficult to drive in the rain? Is it that hard to remember that there's a cop in the same spot on the same street every single day? Are traffic signs that difficult to read? Do people forget how to merge from day to day? I need to start biking to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment