Wednesday, March 24, 2004

This has been an up-and-down day. Work was incredibly boring; traffic sucked; run went ok. And this evening I've gotten THREE out-of-town calls. I never get any, so three is just bizarre.

First was Spikey calling from Georgia. I can't believe that I hadn't talked to her in so long that I didn't even know she was in Georgia. Every time I've been away from Spikey I've said I would email/call every day. But I'm just so damn bad at that! I really miss Spikey, and I'm glad I'll see her next week. I wish I had enough money to fly out to her. Or to fly the two of us to some tralhead somewhere! And CONGRATS to Spikey for getting an NSF grant!!

Second call was Rob! Hadn't heard from him in forever either. He started by telling me he'd gotten married in Vegas. I didn't really believe it, but he kept going for so long that I almost started to. I remember him going to Vegas for March Madness last year, so it was somewhat plausible. Turns out he was in Vegas but didn't get married. Which is good because it sounds like there might be trouble in paradise. In fact, I think Rob may have propositioned me long distance. Well, assuming he ever made it to Chicago, which seems highly unlikely!

Last call was my dad. Granddad is back in the hospital, and Grandma's agreed to put the house on the market. I'm very glad I went home last weekend, but it looks like I may be going home a lot more in coming weeks/months. And I'm going to call my brother and make him take a trip back there, too. He hasn't been home since Christmas, and he's only four-and-a-half hours away. I think Dad may need us more than he's willing to admit. Now you know where I get that stubborn independence from.

Anyway, I don't know how to feel right now. I need it to be busy at work to keep me from dwelling, but I have a feeling tomorrow will be even more boring. Guess I'll have time to work though my feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment