Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Wow. I just managed to utter the phrase, "I don't think that's a good idea" and stick to my guns. At least for the moment.
***
In a totally unrelated note... One of my daily responsibilities at work is to check the department mail. Naturally we have three different mailboxes, in three different buildings. In one or another of the mailboxes I found a magazine called "Cross and Crescent." The name sounded familiar, but I couldn't place it. Once I got back to the department and was distributing the mail I realized that someone formerly associated with our department must be a Lambda Chi alum. There's a reason that Cross and Crescent sounded familiar. After all, I was a Lambda Chi Crescent Girl once upon a time.

Speaking of work, if someone would have asked me five years ago, or five weeks ago, what I wanted to do with my life, I wouldn't have said that I wanted to be a secretary. But I LOVE my job. Strange that I'm supporting people in the position I used to be in and actually enjoying it. I supposed I could think of it as a step down, but it is a voluntary step, and it's really a lateral one. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that my compulsive personality would fit perfectly with an admin job! Maybe I should rethink what I want to do when this temp position is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment