Wednesday, March 10, 2004

At some point I decided that I didn't want to call the guy from the other night. I figured that if I didn't return two calls he'd get the point. It seemed almost cruel to rub salt in the wound by calling to tell him I wasn't interested. The plan didn't work. He called again today, so I decided I'd better actually return the call. After I spent a few minutes explaining some of the more complicated aspects of my life the boy decided he didn't actually want to date me after all. I'm still not sure why it took him so long to realize that!

In more positive news, I wll be employed for a bit longer-- about 10 weeks, to be exact. There's a woman on maternity leave at the school where I'm helping out (in a different department), and they need someone to fill in. They liked me enough over the past 2 weeks to hire me without even seeing a resume. Anyway, I have a bit of breathing room now. I can take some time to actually figure out what kind of job I want and how best to approach the search. Or maybe more women will have babies, and I can just keep temping :)

Is it the weekend yet? I really want it to be the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment