Friday, September 24, 2004

I hate feeling like I'm hungover when I'm not. Dammit, I need to get better!

One would think Nike would be capable of planning a good race, especially one with 10,000 participants. But one would be wrong. I know I've never tried to design a race course and get it past a city board. But seriously, I think I wouldn't assume that 10,000 people could fit on the bike path. And I'd try to take advantage of the gorgeous nighttime skyline. And I'd set up the bands a little better. And I sure as hell wouldn't start a race at 8pm. Sooo tired. On the upside, Scott somehow managed to get us into VIP, so we got free food (most of which I couldn't eat) and free beer (which ran out pretty quickly-I had one), and Scott got to network, which is what is was really about. But I was too tired to enjoy that much. Oh well, last road race before the Marathon. And whatever else that race may bring, I'm quite certain it will be well organized.

Anf finally, RIP little Paseo. You served me well for a time, but I can't say I'll miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment