Friday, September 17, 2004

According to Kelley Blue Book my car is worth somewhere around $1750-2100. I find that amusing since apparently the loser who stole my license plate didn't think it was worth the effort to steal the whole car. Of course it's difficult to exactly quantify the value effect of such things as the huge dent in the side (a theft deterrant, in my opinion), the 3 brand new tires, the $700 stereo, or THE SPIDERS. I think that the relatively low mileage (91,000 miles in 12 years) may be the biggest factor in the car's worth. Anyway, it made me think. I mean I've just been viewing the car as a waste of my money, mostly because of insurance and registration (since I don't drive it I don't pay a whole lot for gas, tolls, or oil changes). But I never thought of the car as something that could bring in money, especially since I didn't pay for it in the first place. So now I'm flummoxed. I certainly do not want the car any longer. And selling a car seems like a huge hassle. But it's apparently worth money! I'll have to think on this one for a while.

But not right now. Work is super busy again- hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment