Tuesday, September 14, 2004

A bit of advice: if you plan to run 15 miles after a full day of work at least make sure to eat properly.

The planned Sunday 6am run didn't happen, so Scott and I rescheduled to yesterday. I actually felt GREAT for the first 13 miles, but then I bonked. Funny how not eating and then burning 1000+ calories can do that to you :) Anyway, I finished. It's still a big leap from 15 to 26.2, but I'm a little more confident now. And the calf only hurt once during the run and then felt better- yay!

In other news... oh, wait, I have no other news. My life is once again solely about running. As it should be.

I realized yesterday that in the course of 7 months I will have done a 10K race, two 10-mile races, 4 half-marathons, and one full marathon-- four of those races are in the next month and a half. I'm running out of room for the t-shirts and medals. (Don't think I'm totally crazy-- I'm walking one of the half marathons with my mom in SF two weeks after the marathon-- yay for women's marathons with finisher necklaces instead of medals!)

If you're feeling really, um, bored, feel free to come out and cheer at one of the following:
Chicago Half Marathon, 9/19, 7:30am, Hyde Park
Nike Run Hit Wonder, 9/23, 8:10pm, Grant Park (includes such bands as Devo, A Flock of Seagulls, and Tone Loc!)
Chicago Marathon, 10/10, 8:00am, the whole freakin' city
Nike 26.2, 10/24, 7:00am, Golden Gate Park, SF

No comments:

Post a Comment