Monday, January 12, 2004

Woo hoo-- I realized that my official half marathon training doesn't begin until Feb. 2. That means the running I'm doing right now is just pre-training, and I am (for once) ahead of schedule! If anyone's interested, it's the Country Music half marathon in Nashville April. 24. Feel free to join me! (There's also a full marathon there that day if you're feeling really adventurous!)

I am predicting that I will also go into serious withdrawal around Feb. 2 b/c there will be no more football :( The playoff games this weekend were terrific! I love serious competition. And three of the four teams I was rooting for won, which is way above the norm for me. Of course that only happens when I have no money on the games.

I had a whole blog planned out yesterday until I remembered that I was aiming for a more sanitized blog this time around. In brief, I have been told in the past by guys I've "dated" that I'm the kind of girl you fool around with, not the kind of girl you take home to meet your parents. I take exception to that-- parents always like me. Anyway, I'm wondering if it is something about me in particular, or is this is a societal thing--any girl who's open about sex, likes to party, etc, is just the girl you fool around with when you're young. A year or two ago one of my guy friends--who is quite the whore himself--told me I shouldn't sleep with guys too soon if I wanted to seriously date them. I'm just wondering if he ever felt he had to take his own advice, and if he seriously thought less of the girls who slept with him immediately, even though he was pushing them to do so. (Yes, this is the sanitized version of this blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment