Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Sometimes staying out of touch is a good idea. I emailed one of my exboyfriends the other day. I hadn't spoken to him in over a year and a half, and I wasn't even sure I had a working email address for him. For some reason I just wanted to know he was alive. Every once in a while I get those strange impulses. In any case, I didn't really want to talk to him or see him, but something made me email him. Turns out he's living with his fiancee and getting married in June. I found that news unsettling somehow. I wasn't really jealous or sad or anything, but somehow it seemed wrong, and I had trouble getting my brain around it. I guess when you lose touch with someone you just assume that his/her life has remained exactly the same, no matter how much yours has changed, and by contacting that person you want to feel some sense of stability in your own life. In any case, this is the first time I've had to deal with an ex getting married-- in this case an ex who's a year younger than I am-- and I'm not sure I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment