Monday, January 12, 2004

Ok, how do I go about following up on applications/resumes I've submitted? I don't want to seem pushy, but I do want to let them know I'm serious about the job. My thought was that when I find an apartment I can call all the job places and tell them my address has changed and that I'm still interested if they're still hiring, etc. Also that I am in Chicago and available for interviews. Of course, that depends on me finding an apartment that will accept me without a job. Damn vicious circle! Any advice?

Also, I think I have started to run out of places to apply. I'm checking everything I can think of pretty much all the time, but I'm finding less and less that's new or that I'm interested in. Chicago is a big city-- there has to be stuff I haven't considered yet, doesn't there? My resume is even in at employment agencies, but I've gotten no response there yet. Who would've though that it'd be easier to find a job in SB?

Ok, time to get organized. I will be in Chicago Thurs-Fri and Tuesday-?? if anyone will be around. I think I'll have my dad with me for at least part of that time, in an attempt to hunt for the perfect apartment in the perfect neighborhood with the perfect rent that will give me the first month free :) So, before I leave town, I need to: do laundry, print resumes, study company websites, make apartment-visiting appointments, um.... (my blog is beginning to sound like Andy's!)

But first, off to run... yay-- the only time I leave the house all day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment