Thursday, January 13, 2005

Perhaps I should temper this a bit before you all decide I need to go to therapy (I tried, didn't work).

1. Just because I don't immediately trust people doesn't mean I don't ever trust people. I know that my family and close friends (yes, you guys) would never intentionally do anything to hurt me. I think after 5+ years of knowing someone you can get to that point, and sometimes it doesn't take nearly that long. There are plenty of people in my life who have always been there when I needed them and vice versa. There are, of course, levels of trust. Like, I know my brother would never ever do anything to hurt me, but I also know better than to expect a phone call from him on my birthday. Some people are just flaky on the little stuff, but as long as you know that it's not a big deal. So, I am capable of trust. I just don't trust people as a whole.

2. I haven't actually broken things off with the boy. I'm going to try really really hard to give him the chance to earn my trust. I'm going to try not to freak out when I don't hear from him. And I'm going to try to let myself actually feel something, to let go, just a little bit. No promises, but I'll do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment