Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I'm tired of this whole dating thing-- tired of talking about it, thinking about it, obsessing over it. I'm not feeling any more secure. I'm not any more certain that this makes sense for me. And I already hate having another person to consider in my life. I want to make decisions about what to do and when without thinking about how it will affect someone else. I want to enjoy training for the Cleveland Marathon without thinking about how the time it will take might affect a relationship.

I really really really like this guy. I'm feeling things about him that I've never felt about anyone. I can actually almost start to understand how and why people get married and have kids. But I've been happily single for far too long to just jump without reservation into a relationship.

***

Cleveland Marathon training started today with 3 miles. In an attmpt to avoid the injuries that plagued me last time around I am dropping back down to the novice training schedule. It starts out ridiculously easy, even considering that all my running for a while will be on the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment