Thursday, January 13, 2005

In a move that will surprise no one except me, I am staging a return to academia. Of course, I haven't exactly moved very far from it since leaving grad school. Having been student, teacher, researcher, and administrator, I know that administration is the least draining (most of the time). But it's also the least rewarding. No pain, no gain.

So, having now been invited to contribute an academic article to a work in progress, I think it is time to return, tentatively and part-time, to the world of research and teaching. And so, I am going to re-join my professional societies, submit papers for conferences, attempt to publish already-written papers, and send out my CV to local colleges. Dammit.

If anyone has any helpful connections or would like to provide assistance in trying to recover data from my old laptop, let me know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment