Friday, July 02, 2004

Chryssi lands in a little over 21 hours! :)

This weekend is beginning to fill up very, very quickly. With any luck it will be a good birthday. I tend to be disappointed with my birthdays. I suppose that's the problem with a holiday birthday. There's an upside-- I never have to work on my birthday (and this year I get paid not to work!). But there's also a downside-- the day is just not about me. I've always had to contend with friends going out of town, busy with family functions, etc. I remember going to three parties on my birthday one year, but not a single one of the parties was for me, and in fact most people had no idea it was my birthday. Last year was definitely the worst though-- I was at a wedding on my birthday. The reception was certainly not designed to celebrate me, and I was seated at a table of my high school friends, who all had spouses/significant others with them. I was alone. Not that I mind being alone, but they kept bringing it up, asking me when I was going to settle down. And I had too long a drive home to be able to drink heavily!

A far cry from the days growing up when my parents would tell me the fireworks and bbqs and parades were all for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment