Tuesday, July 27, 2004

After Granddad died Grandma started cleaning out her house in anticipation of moving to an apartment. She hasn't moved yet, but we have inherited a lot of stuff. When I someday have more than 300 square feet I will have several Hummels to display. What I have now is lots and lots of books. Two of them are very cool-- a nursery rhyme book from 1914 and Robinson Crusoe from 1915. They were gifts to Granddad's older brother from his grandmother. My brother inherited a physics books from 1898. Teaching in physics have changed just a bit since then :) But I also took two boxes of random mystery novels, some I'd read and some I hadn't. On my way out the door this morning I grabbed a book from the box and stuck it in my bag. It wasn't until I opened it on the train that I realized the book was large print. Now I love large print books. I stare at computer screens and small print books so much I go cross-eyed, and it's nice to have large print every once in a while. But reading a large print book with lots of sex scenes on a crowded train was a whole different experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment