Wednesday, July 07, 2004

There's a sign hanging on my front door staring me in the face every time I leave my apartment. It provides a whole list of bad situations, following each with "run anyway." For instance, if you have a hangover, run anyway. I suppose I meant it to be motivaional, but I don't actually follow its advice. Instead, I try to avoid those situations. If I suspect I'll be hungover on a given day I schedules my runs so that that's a rest day. If it's snowing I run on a treadmill. Etc.

But yesterday I followed one of the lines: "If it's raining, run anyway." And it was fun! I called Scott around 4pm when I observed a hurricance outside my office window and asked if he still wanted to run. Of course he did, and by the time I got home at 6:30 and saw clear skies I felt silly for even calling. But we ended up running in a massive downpour. Other than the rain getting under my contacts rendering me blind and the guys along the path staring at my white t-shirt, it was quite enjoyable. Maybe in the future I'll actually follow my own advice and run anyway. Especially now that Scott says it's ok to call myself a runner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment