Friday, December 10, 2004

Most of you know that while I generally like my job, I kind of hate the place where I work. Here's a shining example of why:

Today we had a staff meeting. These meetings always run to long and simply rehash information we've already gotten 12 times over email. Today was a mini computer training, which is useless because anyone who knows enough to follow the training could figure out how to do this shit on their own. Nevertheless, we had a training. And the tech geek running the training used his own laptop for the presentation AND LEFT AIM RUNNING. And he had it on one of those super annoying settings where a little alert comes up every time someone comes online or goes idle-- all projected onto the big screen, along with his buddy messages. Ok, that's a dumb, dumb move, but maybe he just forgot he had it running. Mistakes happen. I can accept that. But during a break, when he was playing with computer settings and opening new programs anyway, HE DIDN'T SIGN OFF. Hmph. If anyone in that room besides me knew a thing about computers he would've been reprimanded on the spot. As is, no one seemed to even notice.

I either need to get out of here or completely stop associating with anyone outside my own office.

No comments:

Post a Comment