Friday, December 17, 2004

I almost tripped over a pigeon this morning. I found that disturbing, especially since I was walking, not running.

I think you have to admit you're an adult when you start getting Christmas cards from your dry cleaners. Especially when they're addressed to "Mr. and Mrs..."

There is such high turnover of staff at my Thai place that they have once again forgotten who I am. Thank God.

At what point in this whole personal ad thing do I have to actually meet the guy? With one guy who responded there's now been ten emails sent between us. He asked for my picture, so I sent it. I didn't ask for his, and he didn't volunteer it. I know his favorite authors, how he spent Christmas as a kid and where he will be next August. I don't know his last name, where he lives, or what he does for a living (except that money is not a motivating factor and he told me that unprompted). This quasi-friendship/relationship or whatever that's developing seems a little unnatural. And honestly, I don't really want to know what he looks like or meet him or anything. It's really nice just the way it is. I like emailing him. Maybe I wouldn't like him in person, and part of me doesn't want to risk that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment