Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Well, still going crazy, but at least I get out of here soon to go to Detroit. Yay Cats!

Finally worked out today. Felt absolutely wonderful, even the cramp in my side while running. Maybe I can stop feeling like a lazy slob. Or stop being one altogether, which would be better. I think tomorrow I shall make time to do yoga, in between last-minute shopping, LOTR, and church. My flexibility is gone, so it would be good to get it back.

Today was shopping with grandma. It's incredibly frustrating. I don't like having her spend money on me, and I would very much prefer either no presents or practical ones. However, she love giving "fun" presents, so in a bizarre way the nice grandaughterly thing for me to do is to let her buy me clothes. Very strange, and I know it's an odd thing to dislike. Being at the mall today made me distinctly uncomfortable. I HATE the conspicuous consumption this time of year. Would it really be that horrible if we spent a little less money on finding the perfect gift for each other and gave it to charity instead? Alas, not many people seem to agree with me. And those that do in theory, like my mother, break down and spend the money anyway.

Ok, now I'm going to watch my Christmas gift from Barlo-- Lilo & Stitch. Haven't seen it before, so I have to learn why Barlo's obsessed with it, and why I shouldn't be surprised if my bridesmaid dress is Hawaiian-themed.

No comments:

Post a Comment