Sunday, December 28, 2003

Quite an exhausting few days in Detroit and Parma. I'll leave the story-telling about Detroit to Laz, since he remembers more of the adventure than I do. (Amazing how quickly you can get drunk when you've had nothing to eat all day.) In any case, Detroit was a hell-hole, but we had fun anyway. Some day I may get my pics developed (used the film camera!) and I'll post them.

Christmas at the grandparents' (mom's parents) house was also fun, but really overwhelming. There were already 23 of us trying to fit into their house, and now my brother and five of my cousins had significant others there. And we're all getting bigger. I'm the oldest grandchild, so until recently there were little kids, but every year more of the little kids become big kids. It was a madhouse and incredibly loud. The nice thing is that my cousin Jennifer got married in September, so I don't get as much pressure from that side of the family to get married and start having kids. I'm also the oldest grandchild on Dad's side of the family, and there are only five grandchildren there, so my grandmother is constantly telling me how much she wants to have great-grandchildren and how she wants to live to see me married. She even offered to set me up with someone-- yikes.

Anyway, I am quite exhausted from traveling and seeing people, so I am off to bed. Planning to spend the whole day tomorrow working out since it appears to be a bad time to look for jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment