Saturday, January 23, 2010

Technolust

I finally broke down and bought an iphone. I've only been wanting since they came out. I almost got an iphone when I bought my current Blackjack II, but the line at the Apple store was too long, and they weren't accepting online orders at the time. I've already downloaded a few of the crucial apps (Facebook, ESPN scores, allrecipes, NPR news) and bought screen protectors. I'm a little annoyed that AT&T shut off the internet on my current phone as soon as they shipped the iphone. You'd think they could manage to wait until I activate it, but at least I can still make phone calls.

What's funny, though, is that even though the real expense of a smart phone is the monthly data service plan, I cheaped out on the one-time expense of the phone and went with a refurbished 3G instead of a new 3GS. I do want voice command and a video camera, but not enough to pay an extra $150, even if it is only one time.

Now I am anxiously awaiting delivery of my new toy. I wonder if it will make me as happy as I always think it will when I watch other people playing with their iphones...

No comments:

Post a Comment