Monday, May 16, 2005

Vegas odds are currently 10-1 that I'll be engaged at some point in October. Matthew made a smart-ass comment a couple of weeks ago that he'd propose if the White Sox won the World Series (not when the White Sox win the World Series, an important for distinction for pessimistic fans). I *think* he meant it as a joke, but it has evolved into his go-to answer about our relationship. His mom asked if we'd thought about marriage and he said it was a bit early for that, but if the White Sox win it all this year, he'll propose. Yesterday, at the wedding of one of Matthew's high school friends, other friends he hadn't seen in years asked us when our wedding was going to be. Matthew answered, "when the White Sox win the World Series," which seems to be a step back to me. Anyway, we are not engaged, nor have I agreed that I will say yes if he proposes, but if the Sox win the pennant, things could get interesting. I wonder if they'd give us a price break on a Comiskey wedding if we let them use the story in a marketing campaign. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment