Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Random (and less depressing) thoughts:

--The clock tower is not purple. I know it's historically been used only for football, but when was the last time the NU football team won the national champtionship?

--On our (five-mile) stroll through ev,il last night, Kim and I saw a girl on the lakefill crying and screaming into her phone to a person (presumably male) on the other end who "just doesn't get it." I had to fight off the urge to go up to her and say (in my best maternal voice), "Honey, I know it seems bad now, but in five years you'll be walking out here reminiscing about the good times and laughing at the bad times. Trust me on this one." :-)

--I still feel like an idiot for now knowing what palaver meant.

--I just finished reading Memoirs of a Geisha, which is really fabulous. I don’t want to know how a grown man can write from the point-of-view of a 14-year-old girl, but however he managed it, it worked well.

--I just started reading High Fidelity. Given that the movie is in my top 5 (ha!), I expected to like the book a good deal, but no more than the movie. I was wrong. The book is vastly superior to the movie. What a great discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment