Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I am back in town and back in super running mode. :) Funny how a good race will do that to you. The Indy Mini Marathon is a ton of fun-- lots of spectators and an insane amount of course entertainment. At some points we could hear three bands at the same time. And while it wasn't quite as cool as running in Soldier Field, running on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway was very fun. Gives me a whole new appreciation for NASCAR drivers. I don't know how they don't get bored out of their minds driving around that track 250 times!

My race time wasn't super-fast, but given my lack of training in recent months, it was a perfectably acceptable 2:15 (that's a mile pace of 10:19). Most importantly, I managed to run the whole thing, so my endurance hasn't suffered, even if my legs, lungs, and heart are a little weaker than they should be to be distance racing.

The funniest part of the Indy trip, though, was that the people we were staying with (parents of a friend) seemed to think that Scott and I were a couple. I suppose that Scott and I have been friends for so long and running together for so long that we do sometimes finish each other's sentences or reminisce, but the thought of us as a couple is just too funny!

Anyway, I'm once again planning every race I'm going to run in the next few months and getting excited about buying a new pair of ridiculously expensive running shoes. I'm even *almost* ready to commit to running the Chicago Marathon again. Hope none of you were planning to see me after 8pm anytime soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment