Saturday, May 14, 2005

Chryssi was in town for 5 seconds (approx.) last night, so I got to see her just long enough to really start missing her again. In her three-day trip to the US, she had to meet at least five new significant (or almost-significant) others of her friends. Four of those were last night. Chryssi's only been out of the country four moths. I think there's been something in the air lately because it seems like every single person I knew six months ago is now happily coupled, or nearly there. It can't be just an age thing because the formerly-single people span at least three years' difference in age. It can't be a weather thing because there is at least a little geographic diversity in the group. And it doesn't seem to be just a matter of seeing your friends meet people and wanting it too because the matchups seem to be really good ones, with long-term potential. I don't have an explanation. I'm just glad I'm in a relationship right now because no matter how happy I was being single, it would be really tough to be the only odd one out right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment