Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Things I've learned so far today.
- All guys my age are named either Mike or Kevin. (Actually, I already knew that, but I always included John and Brian in the mix)

- There are apparently a lot of guys on CL who simply cut and paste the same response to every girl's ad. Maybe it works somtimes?

- There is at least one cute (if the pic's accurate), smart guy out there who said, "I contributed a great deal of time and money to the Kerry and Obama campaigns. Now that the election has passed, I'm looking into how to revitalize Chicago's recycling program." Wow. Actually, he sounds pretty cool, and he uses lots of big words, which always gets me hot. :) I probably won't respond, but hey, it's nice to know guys like that exist.

- I tend to attract Asian guys. I had already experienced that in real life, but I never knew it had more to do with my personality than my looks ;)

- Apparantly, saying that I hate diamonds sets up off from "typical Chicago girls." One guy, who's run three marathons, said, "You hate diamonds? Every guy on earth would fall in love with you..." Sure, right up until he realized he could never apologize by buying me a tennis bracelet...

Anyway, my conclusion from this experiment is that CL is not a good place to meet a guy. But it's still pretty damn hilarious.

I leave you with my favorite response. He even included a phone number.
"Hi,
I am an adventurous, aggressive, assertive, caring, charming, chivalrous, loving, gentle, (sometimes a little rough), dominant 5-11, 175 LB,brown haired, blue eyed, surfer cowboy, turned international businessman.
I own an investment banking firm and develop projects all around the world. Recently I have built a University, a toll bridge, banks and factories, all in Europe.
I am currently working on one interesting project. California's ultimate health spa resort, where the beautiful people will come to play....on a hot springs location. Offering programs, and accommodations of the ultimate in a luxury adult pleasure spa. You could even serve to inspire the creation of that incredible resort.
Locally I am starting to design a glass house on top of a sand dune on property I own overlooking the water with a panoramic vista of the city's skyline, dunes trees and birdies as far as your eyes can see. I love the water. I have also lived in Hawaii, Florida, and British Columbia all right on the ocean. Sailing, power boating, scuba diving and walks on the beach with pantherra, my used to be pure black, slightly graying, slobbery mastiff. Breeding and riding my Arabian horses, snow and jet skiing are also too much fun.
I love art. All art, Gallery parties and showings, museums all around the world, movies, the performing arts, dance,ballet,opera and yes even the symphony.
I enjoy shopping, traveling, reading and learning via all methods. I have simple tastes, so therefore "SIMPLY THE FINEST WILL DO" :-) ! I appreciate fine gourmet, both cooking and eating out, good companionship, intense intellectual and physical stimulation,and building an empire!
Care to be empress?
Or at least have too much fun along the way checking it out?
I wish to get to know you better. I have much to offer on many levels.
Let's chat."

No comments:

Post a Comment