Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Getting eight hours of sleep helps. A lot. And I managed to do that even with getting up ridiculously early to go vote.

Speeaking of which, in the 10 minutes I waited in line at the polling place I almost saw a fight break out. Some guy took his ballot up to the worker feeding them through the machine and said that he'd messed up on his ballot and wanted a new one. Instead of listening, the poll worker went ahead and fed it through the machine, and the guy was not allowed to start over. He was none too happy and started cussing out all the workers. It was just lovely. Sadly, not the only incompetance I saw at the polling station. Gotta love our electoral process. And I had a hanging chad I had to fix :) I miss voting in California, using big magic markers to fill in the circles and having more Green Party candidates than Republicans on the ballot.

With that ringing endorsement, GO VOTE.

***

Oh, and I forgot one of my favorite moments of the weekend. Went to the Wilco concert Halloween night, and for the start of their encore they played "Don't Fear (The Reaper)." Even having seen BOC in concert I can tell you that this was a tremendous performance of the song. But it was all I could do to keep from shouting out "More Cowbell!"

No comments:

Post a Comment