Thursday, August 19, 2004

I'm not exactly sure why I'm watching the Olympics when I already know all the winners, but I had fun with the Olympic drinking game the other night. I don't know if Scott made it up, but he shared it with us, and Conor, Abby, and I added our own elements. If we'd actually drunk every time we were supposed to, we would have been smashed off our asses. But we're old, so we just sipped beer occasionally and commented on the funniest moments :) Times to drink (at least the ones I remember)-- unexpected medals, shots of beach volleyball cheerleaders, stories about athletes overcoming personal tragedy, sappy comments about swimmers' teddy bears, use of unusual words (like amplitude in gymnastics coverage), Bob Costas mentions his Greek heritage, an American athlete exhibits bad sportsmanship, there's a token nod to sports where Americans aren't top competitors. I'm sure there were more, but you could just make up your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment