Monday, August 02, 2004

I can walk up AND down stairs without pain!!

And I ran a half marathon yesterday. Wasn't a PR or anything, but I finished in 2:26:25, so my pace was 11:11. That's certainly nowhere near where I want to be, but considering the heat/humidity and the fact that I hadn't run in a week due to injury, I suppose it's much better than I anticipated. Every time I passed a race official I considered asking how long they were going to keep the course open, but as it turns out the last-place finisher came in at 3:52:44, with a pace of 17:46, so I could have just walked the whole thing. I tried to find out ahead of time whether the course was walker friendly, but maybe it's better that I didn't know, or I would have walked more.

Anyway, tonight I do yoga, and tomorrow I RUN!!

And I need to run because I have now raised $698.20 for the American LIver Foundation, and I have lots and lots of people counting on me finishing this marathon thingy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment