Wednesday, August 25, 2004

I ran again today! Oh, maybe that's not quite as exciting for all of you as it is for me :) But tomorrow I attempt 7 miles!

And tonight I drink with my Liver Foundation team. Yes, I know that seems wrong, but I'm not one to turn down free drinks, and I need to go anyway to pick up my race shirt...

In other news, I'm officially done with Internet Explorer, both at home and at work. The final straw was realizing that IE does not provide Hebrew language support for the Mac. There's no good reason for this. They support a huge number of other languages-- including many with non-Latin character sets-- and lots of languages that I've never even heard of. But no Hebrew, despite an offer by people in Israel to develop/pay for the coding. Hmph. This is not (entirely) a political statment on my part. IE doesn't support Arabic either, so it's not like they're pro-Palestinian or something. I just like to be able to read Hebrew websites, and I am sick of Microsoft refusing to develop code for Macs. Don't even get me started on the problems we have at work with Mac/PC issues (mostly caused by Microsoft). Damn monopoly, anti-trust rulings notwithstanding. I'm switching to Linux on my home PC. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment