Wednesday, June 02, 2004

I feel like an adult. Starting Monday I will have, in addition to the long-awaited medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan, and a pre-tax transportation program. Yikes. I spent all day in orientation today, and now I have to make the tough choices. I have FOUR different medical insurance companies to choose from and two different dental. Amount options on everything else, and the retirement plans just confuse the hell out of me-- two different companies, with a myriad of investment options for each. I can even choose to have my money divided between the two companies and among the many options. And then a supplemental plan option with a gazillion different amounts and the same company/investment choices.

There's such a thing as too much choice. I just want to be able to go to the doctor again! At least my benefits start immediately :)

No comments:

Post a Comment