Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Well, I got to see the White Sox win on my birthday. It's not surprising that they won; it was a bit surprising that they managed to finish while it was still my birthday. After a two-hour rain delay and a 3:11 game (eight and a half innings should not take that long!), Anthony, Matthew, and I stayed for approximately two seconds of fireworks before sprinting to the red line. And I made it home by 12:20 in time to spend all night listening to neighbors setting off fireworks. :(

Speaking of the White Sox, my favorite player is on the ballot for the Final Man contest to make the All Star Squad. Scotty Podsednik, major league stolen base leader and a rather good-looking man, needs your vote! :) And despite the Playmate girlfriend, he does seem to be a good guy and a someone who truly loves the game. During the rain delay yesterday, he signed autographs for what seemed like an hour. Too bad I was in the upper deck... Anyway, if you have a free moment, go to mlb.com and vote for Scotty. Apparently voting is unlimited, so vote early and often.

No comments:

Post a Comment