Friday, April 22, 2005

This may be disjointed...

--Just got off the phone with Chryssi! Yay! While I miss her trmendously, it's fantastic to hear how happy she sounds in London.

--Happy Earth Day everyone! I don't know what I'll be doing to help the environment (other than taking public transportation, which I do anyway.) Maybe I'll look into ordering recycled products for the office. Hmmm. If it wasn't raining right now I'd go outside and hug a tree. If anyone wants to join me when it stops raining, let me know. :)

--Last year around this time, the students here were selling shirts with the name of the school on the front and on the back: "where fun goes to die." This year the back reads: "where the only thing that goes down on you is your GPA." At least they realize what big dorks they are. :)

--Went to dinner last night with a prof at Wright College. He asked me why I left California. I have my usual pat answer that I loved the geography and climate and hated the people (though not all of them, obviously). Usually people just nod knowingly and let it drop. But this prof pushed me on specifics. When I was trying to explain what I meant it dawned on me that I had always felt like living in SB was a transient existence. I think I need to meditate on this a bit, but it may be that I would never have been comfortable and rooted in grad school, no matter when or where I went. I think at some point I reached a point where I wanted and needed stability. Mind you, it took a good long while, but still. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment