Friday, April 08, 2005

For the third weekend in a row, I am leaving the state!

Ok, the first two were just day jaunts to Milwaukee, but still...

This weekend, Matthew and I are headed to Ohio. I would like to claim to be a good daughter/granddaughter, but the real impetus for the trip was that Matthew wanted to go to Cleveland's home opener against the Sox.

However, I can still appear to be a good granddaughter because it is an especially good weekend to go home, for several reasons:
--Sunday is a surprise 70th birthday party for my maternal grandmother. I suppose if she reads this blog, it won't be a surprise anymore, but if she reads this blog she's probably had enough surprises.
--This is the last weekend my paternal grandmother is spending in her house before moving to an assisted-living home and likely the last chance I'll get to be in that house.
--The one-year anniversary of my paternal grandfather's death is this weekend.

Anyway, whatever the reasons, I'm very happy to be going to Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment