Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Ok, you all know I'm getting a little bored at my current job. I've made about all the improvements I can, and now I'm too efficient for my own good. That said, I wasn't actually planning to start looking for jobs quite yet. I'd like to be at my current job a year first. And I was planning to wait until my job title was updated since it would seem to be easier to look for jobs that way.

BUT-- I just found a job listing for a position that would actually make some use of my degrees, odd as that may sound. I'd have a lot better shot at it if I hadn't cut ties with my grad program, but even so I should have some chance. It's at the same place I'm at now, so retirement plan, etc, wouldn't have to be uprooted. And it's three paygrades higher than my current position, even if I'm upgraded.

I think on some level I know I have to apply for this job. Whether or not I'd actually get it, I'd be an idiot to turn down an opportunity like that. It's not exactly my ideal job, but it's a step in the right direction. So, question is, do I tell my boss I'm applying?

No comments:

Post a Comment