Friday, February 04, 2005

The 6:30 Seinfeld episode yesterday was "The Pool Guy," wherein George finds his worlds colliding when Elaine befriends Susan. For much of my life I've sympathized with George's sentiments in this episode. I've always had several discrete groups of friends, and I have rarely enjoyed mixing them. Of course, to some extent it's unavoidable, but by and large I've preferred to keep different groups of friends completely separate. (This was especially true in SB where it was also especially difficult to accomplish.) However, since moving back here I've found myself happily introducing different friends to each other and actually encouraging co-mingling (within reason... I mean I would still find it odd if two of my previously unacquainted friends atarted spending more time with each other than either did with me). I have a theory as to why that is. I think I'm happy to share my friends now because I'm happier and more emotionally secure in general. I'm not entirely sure how those are related, but I think they are. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment