Thursday, February 10, 2005

For the past few weeks I have been studying physics in my spare time. Why? Because Russian was too easy. :) (I'm kidding... actually Russian has gotten difficult and boring.) Really I'm just appalled that I was able to get through high school and college (and grad school) without ever studying physics. (I took bio, chem, and anatomy in high school and biological clocks and neuroscience in college.) I'm trying to fill that lacuna now with self study. So far I've read (actually re-read) Brian Greene's The Elegant Universe and Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time. Next up is Six Easy Pieces by Feynman.

The result of all of this is that I've decided that I really really want to visit the Fermi Lab and see the particle accelerator. The problem with that idea is that I don't have a car. So... I'm hoping that I can get one of my friends with a vehicle really excited about how terrifically cool it would be to drive just 45 miles away and see this amazing plaze. Any takers? I'll pay gas and tolls and take you to dinner. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment