Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Does anyone know anything about buying cars? I am *totally* lost. I've driven two cars in my life: one that used to be my mom's and one that my dad bought used from people who had a heated garage and got the car detailed every year. I was hoping to go the rest of my life without ever driving a car again, much less owning one. Oh well. Matthew has even less experience owning a car than I do (i.e., none).

We want a Prius. Actually, we want a Fit Hybrid, but those don't go on the market for at least another year, and we can't wait that long. But I keep running the numbers, and I don't think there is any way we can afford the monthly payments on a new Prius. Well, ok, we *could* afford them, but we'd need to start eating ramen for most of our meals. :)

So, I've been trying to look into used Priuses or new non-Hybrid Fits. Or some other small, full-efficient car, either new or used. And I have no idea what I'm doing. I mean, I know about Kelley Blue Book values and CARFAX and stuff like that, but I feel so totally overwhelmed every time I look at listings. Should we go to a dealer? To a place like CarMax? Craigslist? The U of C marketplace?

Although it will probably just further overwhelm me, any advice you have would be welcome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment