Thursday, October 30, 2008

If I've had email conversations with Rashid Khalidi and live in the same neighborhood as Bill Ayers, am I a terrorist?

Is this really the way to win an election? Didn't we learn in 2004 that running against your opponent is not nearly as effective as running as yourself. McCain's flaw (that I hope is enough to crush him) was to allow, and in fact encourage, the election to be about Obama. My father who is usually completely apathetic about politics, is so disgusted by the mail and robocalls trashing Obama without explaining what McCain would do that he is almost ready to start knocking on doors for Obama. If Bush beat not-Bush in 2004, I think it's a fairly safe bet that Obama can beat Nobama. Anyway, I hope so.

In other news, oh, who am I kidding, there is no other news. Any moment I'm not hard at work at my new job, I am obsessed with the election. I apologize to everyone I have been ignoring. If you would like to talk, feel free to call or email, but be warned that I will likely talk about nothing but politics. Just ask my mom (she's as bad as I am, though).

No comments:

Post a Comment