Sunday, October 12, 2008

I just looked at the balance on my retirement account. I probably shouldn't have. It's now worth less than what I have put into it. And then I talked to my dad who just lost thirty times what I lost in the past few months. As he pointed out to me, neither one of us planned to touch our retirement account soon (although he may need his sooner than I will need mine), and we should just chill out and hope the market corrects itself. And so I shifted my allocations to put more into stocks (and pulled out of real estate altogether). The market will recover. And if not, I guess I'll just keep working until I die. If I'm anything like my parents, I'll keep working forever anyway, even if I do have the money to retire.

In other news, the new job is going very well. I really enjoy what I'm doing, which is a good thing, since there's no way I could sell my house, so I'm stuck in Chicago. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment