Thursday, April 08, 2004

Grumble, grumble, taxes. I'm getting a refund, but there are stupid little things I need that are back in my apartment. I just want to file and be done. Grumble, grumble.

If everything remains the same, I may go back to my apartment, work, etc next week. Of course, no one can tell me whether things will remain the same or not. The nurses and doctors keep saying just a few days, but I'm convinced they don't know anything (and they aren't there, so they're basing this on second-hand info).

Meanwhile I'm going a bit stir-crazy, and I haven't had a good run since last Friday, which is somewhat frightening since my race is in 15 DAYS!

Surreal moment of yesterday: helping Grandma pick out clothes in which to bury Granddad, while he's still alive a floor below us.

Obviously I'm having a bit of trouble focusing at the moment. Even Granddad said yesterday, "I'm tired of waiting for this to happen." Of course, he's a bit delusional at the moment and could have been referring to World War 2 or something.

I wrote the beginnings of a eulogy yesterday. I may post it when I'm done because I won't be giving it at the funeral.

I'm sure I'm making it sound like it's all gloom and doom here, but we do have some light and fun moments. And we've been laughing a lot. It would be too hard if we weren't.

No comments:

Post a Comment