Monday, October 26, 2009

If anyone has 49 euros burning a hole in their pocket, my book will be available through Amazon soon (ISBN 978-3-639-08590-7). My German press sent the book for printing today, and I should have my personal copy in about a month. I think it's a little bizarre that someone could pay 49 euros to buy a short MA thesis, but hey, I'm not complaining. (I also don't expect to make anything on royalties, but maybe it will become a hot commodity!)

Speaking of publishing, I have half of my outline done for my NaNo novel, and I've started to sketch out the characters. No title yet, but that will probably come at the end. If I write something that I don't absolutely hate (that's two big ifs), I'll probably publish through SmashWords, for like $3 instead of 49 euros. There doesn't seem to be a downside to that, and maybe someone would enjoy it. Of course, I need to write it first, but I think it will help my motivation to have a goal in mind (beyond the 50,000 words). And it would be nice to work with a publisher whose website is in English. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment