Saturday, July 26, 2008

We went to see Batman this morning (before noon matinee because we're cheap and city movie theaters are way too expensive). I enjoyed it, but I think it had been so overhyped by the time I got there that it couldn't possibly live up to my expectations. It was an odd sensation to watch a movie in the theater. (The last time we did was Batman Begins), and I don't doubt that part of what distracted from the movie for me was the girl in the seat next to me gasping and flinching during every action sequence.

Anyway, the point of my story is that after we left the theater, we were tantalizingly close to the Apple store. Once we got there, a line had already formed out the door for the iPhone. I don't even know if they had any in stock. So I went home and ordered a Samsung Blackjack II online for $200 less. Buyer's remorse has not yet set in. Steve Jobs, if you're reading this, you lost a sale today because of your policy that iPhones have to be bought in the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment