Monday, January 14, 2008

Now for a lighter topic...

I am considering giving up my vegetarianism. That makes me very sad, but it may be inevitable. After six years of being a vegetarian/flexitarian, so much of my identity is wrapped up in it that I cringe at even the thought of going back to eating meat. I've been experimenting with eating seafood for about a year and a half, but that's only about once a month and only really when I'm at a restaurant or function with no veggie protein options. The problem with vegetarianism is that it is very difficult--and often expensive--to find low-fat protein options. I love tofu, but I can't eat it in every meal, and I know I eat entirely too much cheese. I think it would be a lot easier to follow the diet plans that call for a small portion of low-fat protein if I ate chicken or fish. Given that my weight had been steadily rising over the past few years, I think it's important to address this sooner rather than later. I'll keep you all posted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment