Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Parlez-vous français?

I've been on a real French kick lately. I've studied French at various points in my past, but I've never stuck with it to fluency. I can read basic French, but my speaking and listening skills are very poor. In fact, the only way I can watch movies in French is with French subtitles, so that I can read it.

But now I am determined to really learn French. I ordered a comprehensive French dictionary to go with my beloved 501 French Verbs. I also ordered additional French books to translate, of which I already own quite a few. Granted, none of this will help my listening/speaking skills, but I now have Matthew's whole DVD collection in my living room, and at least some of those movies must have French language tracks. I'm still upset that the Region 1 release of Amelie doesn't have French subtitles. If anyone has the region 2 release, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment